I’ve been spending more time creating digital cut files and stamps which has distracted me from actual cardmaking, so today I decided it was time to pull out the supplies.
I started out with a set of colors I had picked out from a color challenge I had bookmarked and never got around to joining. Working with distress inks, I created a blended background using a mini ink blending tool along with Candied Apple, Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, and Twisted Citron.
I then die-cut the Stamps of Life Happiness die outline out of the distress ink background, and die cut the word itself out of 80lb white cardstock. To finish up the sentiment, I used Silhouette Studio to create a banner with the words “Wishing you lots of.” I used the silver Silhouette Pen to write it out on 65lb black cardstock, and cut it out with the machine. (A link to the free cut file is included below in Studio format.)
Using a striped stencil I had cut out of plastic divider sheets using the Silhouette Portrait and this cut file from the Design Store, I created a striped pattern using Black Soot distress ink. I cut that piece down to fit on a 4.25 inch by 11-inch card base made out of 110lb Neenah Solar White cardstock, scored it down the middle to make a 4.25 by 5.5 card front.
To assemble the card, I used Multi Medium Matte to adhere the white Happiness die cut to the matching distress ink background, and mounted it on foam adhesive to add a bit of dimension. I used the multi medium matte to stick down the black banner to the card front, and used Tombow Multi Mono Liquid glue to adhere the striped pattern to the bottom of the card front.
You can find a full list of the products used below. (Disclosure: I have included affiliate links where applicable.)
- Distress Ink Pad, Picked Raspberry (AZ | SSS)
- Distress Ink Pad, Spiced Marmalade (AZ | SSS)
- Distress Ink Pad, Candied Apple (AZ | SSS)
- Distress Ink Pad, Twisted Citron (AZ | SSS)
- Distress Ink Pad, Mustard Seed (AZ | SSS)
- Distress Ink Pad, Black Soot (AZ | SSS)
- Silhouette Portrait (AZ | SSS)
- Silhouette Metallic Sketch Pen Pack (AZ | SSS)
- Mini Ink Blending Tool (AZ | SSS)
- Stamps of Life Happiness Die (SOL)
- Diagonal Stripes Overlay (Silhouette Design Store)
- ‘Wishing you lots of’ digital file (Free Download)
I’m entering this card into the Addicted to CAS challenge #92.