My latest card comes with some pretty exciting news. I recently applied and was accepted to be on Bird’s Cards Design Team. I’m super excited about the opportunity and hope that it will encourage me to create a little more. It’s also motivated me to finally publish a video tutorial for the first time.
Before I get into the details of the cards, I wanted to share a little more about Bird’s Cards. The website is packed with great SVG files to use with the Silhouette line of machines, both paid and free, for pretty much every occasion you can think of.
So now the details of the card. Watch the video tutorial above, and I also have some details included in this post with links to all the materials I used, and the online links for all the files you’ll need to use with your Silhouette Cameo or Portrait to create this card.
I used one of the branches in the free Flowers and Leaves SVGs set to create a pattern out of die cuts, colored in using Distress Inks. Because I’m using the free version of Silhouette Studio, I converted the SVG files to DXF files so I could use them without the Designer edition of the program.I used Shabby Shutters and Twisted Citron on the lighter leaves, and Cracked Pistachio and Mowed Lawn on the darker ones.
For the card front, I created a stitched circle card front and adhered that to a 5.5 by 8.5 inch card base, scored at 4.25 inches. I created a greeting out of 110lb black card stock using one of my favorite calligraphy fonts, and have included the cut file for the sentiment the file below as well. I adhered the greeting to vellum, which I cut in a circle using the Silhouette, and then adhered that to the card using foam tape. I’ve provided the Silhouette Studio cut files for each of these elements at the end of the post, together with a list of all of the products used. (Disclosure: I have included affiliate links where applicable.)
Materials used in the card:
- Distress Ink Pad, Twisted Citron (AZ | SSS)
- Distress Ink Pad, Shabby Shutters (AZ | SSS)
- Distress Ink Pad, Cracked Pistachio (AZ | SSS)
- Distress Ink Pad, Mowed Lawn (AZ | SSS)
- Neenah Solar White Heavyweight Cover Cardstock – 11olb (AZ | SSS)
- Neenah Black Heavyweight Cover Cardstock – 11olb (AZ)
- Silhouette Portrait (AZ | SSS)
- Mini Ink Blending Tool (AZ | SSS)
- 3M Foam Tape (SSS)
- Gel Multi Medium Matte (AZ | SSS)
- Flowers and Leaves SVG set (Free)
- Card Front and Greeting digital file (Silhouette Studio | SVG | DXF)
Like the tutorial? Please feel free to share on Pinterest: