As the summer winds down, I wanted to stick with a summer theme for my latest card. I used a few SVG files from Bird’s Cards Club Tropicana, and my preferred coloring method these days – color blending with distress inks. The Club Tropicana set is packed with four different cards and a gift bag file. I decided to use elements from the Hibiscus Card on a regular A2 4.25 x 5.5 inch card front.
For the larger flower, I started with Squeezed Lemonade distress ink in the center, moved on to Spiced Marmalade, and then just added a little bit of Carved Pumpkin at the edges. I also used Squeezed Lemonade for the center die cut of the flower.
For the second flower, I started with Spun Sugar distress ink, darkened it up with Worn Lipstick, and added Picked Raspberry to the edges. For the leaf, using a light hand, I covered it with Cracked Pistachio and darkened up the edges with Evergreen Bough. I adhered the flowers directly to the leaf using Tombow Mono Multi liquid adhesive.
I set that aside to work on the card front. I used Tumbled Glass ink and inked up my card front, bringing in more strong color to the top of the page and letting it fade further down the page.
I cut out a stitched square with my Silhouette, and using 3M Foam Tape, I popped it up at an angle onto the card front. I used foam squares to pop the flowers up a little higher than the stitched square, and adhered them to the card front as well.
For the sentiment, I used the scripty Hello from the Stampendous Happy Messages stamp set. I stamped it using Versamark ink and then embossed it with white embossing powder. Using my Mini Ink Blending Tool and the Carved Pumpkin distress ink, I inked up a strip of paper and cut a small rectangle out of it using my paper trimmer. I adhered the orange strip first, and then adhered the sentiment on top of it. In both instances, I used liquid adhesive.
And that finishes up the card for today. A complete list of files and supplies used can be found below. As always, I have included affiliate links where applicable.
- Hibiscus Card in SVG format (Birds Cards)
- Mini Ink Blending Tool (AZ | SSS)
- Silhouette Portrait (AZ | SSS)
- Silhouette Blade (AZ | SSS)
- Distress Ink, Tumbled Glass (AZ | SSS)
- Distress Ink, Cracked Pistachio (AZ | SSS)
- Distress Ink, Evergreen Bough (AZ | SSS)
- Distress Ink, Picked Raspberry (AZ | SSS)
- Distress Ink, Spiced Marmalade (AZ | SSS)
- Distress Ink, Carved Pumpkin (AZ | SSS)
- Distress Ink, Squeezed Lemonade (AZ | SSS)
- Distress Ink, Worn Lipstick (AZ | SSS)
- Distress Ink, Spun Sugar (AZ | SSS)
- 3M Foam Tape (SSS)
- Pre-Cut 3D Foam Mounting Squares (AZ | SSS)
- Stampendous Happy Messages stamp set (AZ)
Liked this post? Feel free to share it on Pinterest: